You are not logged in.

#1 2010-05-15 14:26:41

sakasa

New Member introduction

Hello I am  a new member here and I want to introduce myself. I am known as Sakasa and what I do is graphics wallpapers designs. Most of the wallpapers are done for the Linux community and I will want to share some of these works in the near future with you all.  I do not really get involve in OS development of graphics wallpapers desktops, themes or anything else.. Hopefully  that my art can help this great community through the offering of  the art.  Here is my latest Arch Linux wallpapers.

http://bestfreewallpapers.net/tiki-brow … lleryId=12

Hope you like these.

Best Regards,

Last edited by sakasa (2010-05-15 17:25:46)

#2 2010-05-15 15:55:47

litemotiv
Forum Fellow

Re: New Member introduction

Welcome to the forums sakasa, there's always people looking around for nice wallpapers so i'm sure you won't be out of work here wink

ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

#3 2010-05-15 17:23:43

sakasa

litemotiv wrote:

Welcome to the forums sakasa, there's always people looking around for nice wallpapers so i'm sure you won't be out of work here wink

Thanks you very much for your kind words.  The wallpapers are always going to be there for you guys for free use and that is all I do.  Thanks again for the welcome.

Best Regards,

#4 2010-05-16 00:12:13

tomk
Forum Fellow

No doubt some users will benefit from your contribution, but IMO you would attract more interest if you used some Arch-specific elements in your creations, instead of the generic font and wording that you apply to all of your distro wallpapers.

#5 2010-05-16 02:01:02

sakasa

tomk wrote:

No doubt some users will benefit from your contribution, but IMO you would attract more interest if you used some Arch-specific elements in your creations, instead of the generic font and wording that you apply to all of your distro wallpapers.

Totally right about that. I know this is an issue, but imagine there so many linux distros and I want to make everyone happy. I know it is not going to happen completely.  I still will like to add the logos also but I am one man.  I am thinking I will do it in the near future when I will have some more time to spend on each distro. Thanks for your kind comment and your time taken to express your views.. I will try my best as time goes on and try to concentrate more on you guys...

Best Regards,

Last edited by sakasa (2010-05-16 02:11:08)

#6 2010-05-16 03:59:40

Allan
Pacman
Website

So...  you are not making any wallpapers specifically for Arch, but rather rehashing wallpapers by changing the distro name on them to Arch.  Combine that with joining the forums just to post a link to your website and I start hearing warning bells.   Are you actually using Arch Linux at all or just here to "spam"?

#7 2010-05-16 04:08:15

skottish
Forum Fellow

I'd say this is nothing more than a misunderstanding. I mean bestfreewallpapers.net could be about pastel patterns for unsightly rooms.

#8 2010-05-16 05:20:16

sakasa

Allan wrote:

So...  you are not making any wallpapers specifically for Arch, but rather rehashing wallpapers by changing the distro name on them to Arch.  Combine that with joining the forums just to post a link to your website and I start hearing warning bells.   Are you actually using Arch Linux at all or just here to "spam"?

I have done wallpapers for the linux community for a long time. Arch Linux is a great and known distro. Linux needs a push and this has always been my intention to go ahead and do what I must do and it is to help societies that offer their work for free and can express freely through. I do not need to spam or ever will. I want to make it strickly clear. Many distros have use my wallpapers in their different distro version and I am well known. Antix Linux, PCLinuxOS, and a few others have use my art in others OS, I do not recall right now. I do not care if this society, members or others uses my wallpapers for their distros or for their desktop looks as long as they can benefit from these then I a m doing my duty. Google sakasa  and you will see.  You comment: you are not making any wallpapers specifically for Arch, but rather rehashing wallpapers by changing the distro name on them to Arch  my re: I make a nice wallpaper and after I go ahead and add up the different OS names like all artist do but not how you specify it above.. My art is original and I hold 100's of licenses It would not be fair for the linux society and other distros not to be able to obtain the same type of wallpapers. I do not think it would be correct that I as an artist will take only one side or a specific distro and leave the rest like they do not exist.  Linux is for all and I am a truly belief that we must work together to encourage all the distros so we can grow as a bigger community in this world, which it is needed. I thought by offering that I will get an opposite of the response that I am getting from you. The warning bells you maybe hearing it from someone else. You have put me into in a interrogative situation without knowing me, only because I came here to offer to your OS an extra service in a noble way. This is shocking to me I do not judge or interrogate until I am really and truly sure to know completely a person intentions with time before I can judge or asking them a question and even if I do judge them it does not mean I am right, still I could be wrong. So I am very sensitive before I open my mouth to interrogate  or ask questions to anyone like the ones you have make me here..

I do not need to spam. I take this very seriously and if you belief from your part that this is my intention then go ahead and erase me from your members list.

I hope that you can understand my message and I ask to excuse my English because it is not the best.

One more thing I am not here to work in the development of your distro or any distro as I mentioned in the above post. I feel exciting when others are doing their work too because this help greatly the Linux community and we most expand linux within unlimited ways if we want it to succeed even more.. This is my belief..

Sincerely, Sakasa

Last edited by sakasa (2010-05-16 06:38:48)

#9 2010-05-16 08:49:17

zowki
Website

I have looked at the wallpapers you have made for Arch Linux so far. I think you should incorporate the Arch Linux logo and color scheme. This would make the wallpapers appear more unique to the distro. Also you could follow the KISS design philosophy as that is the philosophy of Arch Linux. Just out of curiosity, what software do you use to design your wallpapers?

How's my programming? Call 1-800-DEV-NULL

#10 2010-05-16 11:11:04

tomk
Forum Fellow

sakasa wrote:

I make a nice wallpaper and after I go ahead and add up the different OS names

That is the cause of my reservations. If you're not going to use logos, colour schemes, and other elements that are specific to each distro, why put in the distro name at all? It would be better to publish the wallpaper as it is, before adding any distro name, so that users could choose between using it as provided or adding distro-identifying elements themselves. Your website has sections for Arch, Debian, Fedora, etc but they are meaningless, as the wallpapers are all effectively identical.

#11 2010-05-17 21:59:00

ozar

Hello sakasa, and welcome to the forums!  smile

Thanks for all the wallpapers... all contributions to Arch are appreciated.

I'm always looking for minimalistic wallpapers that are not too dark and not too light in color and about 1920x1200 in size, so I'll keep checking your collection as it continues to grow.  When you have some spare time to incorporate the official logos and fonts, that will make them even better and more appreciated.

Hey, we hope you'll be sure to give Archlinux a spin whenever you get some free time.

Best of luck to you with everything, and thanks again!  cool

oz

Board footer