You are not logged in.

#1 2010-05-21 11:14:31

XtrmGmr99

[SOLVED] Filesystem check failed on LVM partition...

My server experienced a power outage last night, and I noticed today that it wasn't booting correctly. Apparently, the storage partition, /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-lvolstorage fails the filesystem check. The first time I booted into it, I ran a manual check and answered (y) to the questions. Now when booting, it quickly displays a bunch of numbers and that scrolls for a little while (goes too fast to understand what they are...). Then it says:

####Filesystem Check Failed####
Please repair manually, blah blah blah

I'm not really sure what to do. Running fsck does the whole numbers scrolling across the screen thing again, finally asking if I want to clone multiply-claimed blocks... =/ I don't want to answer yes anymore until I get someone's input. <_<

EDIT: It said before that there are 81 inodes containing multiply-claimed blocks... Then it said a certain large file (inode #20) has 27818 multiply-claimed blocks shared with 24 other files, and it then lists other files.

Last edited by XtrmGmr99 (2010-05-21 14:14:25)

#2 2010-05-21 14:14:12

XtrmGmr99

Re: [SOLVED] Filesystem check failed on LVM partition...

It went ahead and fixed the filesystem, however some of the files (music files mostly) are corrupted and won't play. I have backups of those so it's no big lose, as long as the file system works now. smile

Board footer