You are not logged in.

#1 2010-05-23 12:00:52

melofabiano

problems with dhcp getting nameserver

Hello,

I'm a archlinux users since 2006 and until now i didn't have many problems with it. Yesterday i bought a notebook and decided to install archlinux on it (i download the newest version 2010.04). In the beginning all works greatly, i install it, connect to the internet using pppoe and start to install the regular programs, like xorg and kde. But i forgot to plugin the note to recharge him and he run out of battery and turn off (of course... could be different?), but after that i start to having problems with web surfing. The interest thing is that my desktop that run arch, is connecting perfectly.
I can connect to the web (at least it is what appear to be when a run pppoe-start) but when i ping some web adress i get a "unknow host" and when i use the pacman do update my pc i get a "no address record".
I try to solve the problems in many ways. I check resolv.conf file after connecting and there were to entries "domain domain.invaliddomain.invalid" and "nameserver 10.0.0.1". I check this file in my desktop and the entries were a little bit different. I believe that this is the problem, maybe, that dhcpd aren't getting the correct nameserver. I try to put it mannualy but didn't work to.
Could please someone help me? I'm getting crazy with this problems!
Thx:mad:

#2 2010-05-23 14:33:23

jwbirdsong

Re: problems with dhcp getting nameserver

Try and manually  put the correct entry in /etc/resolv.conf.head (you may  have to create the file)  It will NOT be over written by dhcpd.

PLEASE read and try to FIX/FILE BUGS instead of assuming other have/will.

#3 2010-07-23 18:00:31

rohankolay

Re: problems with dhcp getting nameserver

Try "route del default" before pppoe-start.

Board footer