You are not logged in.

#1 2010-05-26 20:15:31

Davedough

[Solved] Fresh install, KDE input responses studdering

Hi,

I've been searching the Wiki and forums here for about 30 minutes and cant find anything that covers what's going on. I'm not sure whether to look at my VM that I'm running Arch through, or at my config of Arch itself.

I installed Arch with a KDE desktop and everything installed and booted fine. I have my VM open and I can see the desktop just fine. Mouse performance (of which I pacman'd xf86-input-mouse) since it's just a Dell touchpad on my Vostro. When I try to type in the Konsole, I will randomly get multiple key presses (again, just installed basic keyboard input) as if its all of the sudden getting multiple inputs from that keystroke. The mouse, also is very studdery and will halt every 1/4 of a second or so.... not nearly gliding across the screen as it should.

My laptop has one of those Intel GMA 4500 HD mobile video cards in it. I pacman'd the xf86-intel-video package and then installed KMS (I think it was)... either way, followed the wiki on that and still have no change in performance. I'd like to find out where to start looking.

My laptop is pretty beefy. Its a Core Duo 2 running at 2.2Ghz on 3Gb of RAM. I allocated 100Gb of disk space in a VM and 1Gb of memory to Arch. Suggestions?

Last edited by Davedough (2010-05-27 15:30:51)

#2 2010-05-27 15:30:27

Davedough

Re: [Solved] Fresh install, KDE input responses studdering

Wow... thanks for the overwhelming response. All of these suggestions really helped me figure it out on my own. hmm

Board footer