You are not logged in.

#1 2010-05-26 21:16:50

Sean-Der

[Solved] MPD and Tag Issues

I have a very large music collection 26,000+, but as with any large collection some of my tags are messed up. Certain songs are causing my MPD to crash on --create-db. Beside the way suggested on the wiki anyone have any ideas?

Also is it possible to forward an application ssh or FreeNX and till use the remote speakers. This is really a headless "Music Server" that is hooked up to my speakers around the house and if there is a way I could use Foobar2000 + WINE it would make me a much happier person smile

Last edited by Sean-Der (2010-05-27 03:45:08)

#2 2010-05-26 21:29:51

ijanos

Re: [Solved] MPD and Tag Issues

Sean-Der wrote:

I have a very large music collection 26,000+, but as with any large collection some of my tags are messed up. Certain songs are causing my MPD to crash on --create-db. Beside the way suggested on the wiki anyone have any ideas?

Also is it possible to forward an application ssh or FreeNX and till use the remote speakers. This is really a headless "Music Server" that is hooked up to my speakers around the house and if there is a way I could use Foobar2000 + WINE it would make me a much happier person smile

Well first, if your mpd crashes, you really should report it on their bugtracker with as much detail as you can gather.

Your second question is not entirely clean.

a) You have you music on the remote machine and want to use foobar on it, but you cant control it with ssh.
It's easy, you can transport X applications through ssh, with the -X switch, you have to configure your local X server to receive incoming connections though.

b) you have your music on you computer and want to listen to it through the speakers attached to the remote one
PulseAudio can do this.

#3 2010-05-26 23:03:20

Sean-Der

Thanks for the advice but,

There is nothing to report to the MPD team! Checking the logs and starting as --no-daemon and running verbose it just crashes silently. Well it had a successful run but now I am running into the problem that it is skipping some songs for now reason! For example it skips System Of A Down BUT NOT  my really intricate and deep folders of Aphex Twin? The errors just seem random! If it is of any help I am running this over a CIFS share on Wireless so if there is a scan timeout or other setting like that it would be great!

#4 2010-05-27 03:46:03

Sean-Der

I figured it out! I set the MPD user as root for scanning and then returned it too "mpd" for normal usage. That way we dont have any security issues but permission problems with CIFS + NTFS were noexistant

Board footer