You are not logged in.

#1 2010-06-02 08:11:05

Eit

[SOLVED]Theming thunar (in awesome wm)

Hi all,

I was about to post in the newbie corner because I'm not very familiar with the argument (recently switched after years of ubuntu+gnome to arch + awesome)even if I'm quite satisfied because I've succeded in configuring most of the stuff by myself (thanks to the nice wiki too), still I've many things to fix.

I'm currently using thunar as my fm, and of course I've the grey interface with the fallback icons...I've googled a bit and I found out that for icons I should create a ~/.gtkrc-2.0 specifying the name of the icon theme, but still I haven't understood where shoul I put the file and which is the default supported archive for icon themes...I guess that it's because of too many years of default ubuntu tongue

The same is for theming thunar...

I don't rly want to add too much "useless" stuff since I'm trying to set a minimal system (even if it's overkill considering the hw config that I have )

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Eit (2010-06-02 10:12:28)

#2 2010-06-02 08:17:37

XFire

Re: [SOLVED]Theming thunar (in awesome wm)

Install lxappearance - it'll automatically generate the correct gtkrc for your configuration (does it in a GUI and shows what everything looks like).

There is a difference between bleeding [edge] and haemorrhaging. - Allan

#3 2010-06-02 09:56:23

Eit

Thanks for the reply, I've managed to install it and change my gtk theme (extracting the theme to the ~/.themes and then applying it in lxappearance) but I'm having problems with icons, with the same steps (using ~/.icons) the icon theme shows up in the interface but even if I select it and I click apply nothing changes and my gtkrc-2.0 looks ok...:/

EDIT: I found out it's related to the theme, I will try to solve it by myself sry for the post

Last edited by Eit (2010-06-02 10:11:59)

#4 2010-06-02 10:24:13

a_priori_mouse

As so you have installed lxappearance, you should edit. Gtkrc-2.0.mine instead of .gtkrc-2.0
Make sure that .gtkrc-2.0 contains the string like this:

include "/home/ku/.gtkrc-2.0.mine"

Then check that .gtkrc-2.0.mine contains a string

gtk-icon-theme-name="Y"

where Y is the name of folder with icons, which is located in the folder ~/.icons.

Restartx X. This should work.

#5 2010-06-03 03:56:00

gaunt

Just as a minor note, if you have your icon theme set in .gtkrc-2.0.mine, lxappearance won't update your icons correctly, because it modifies .gtkrc-2.0, which is overridden by your .gtkrc-2.0.mine.

Board footer