You are not logged in.

#1 2010-06-03 01:11:13

MickST

[SOLVED] TuxOnIce: failed to launch userspace program.

I'm giving TuxOnIce a try as I've only heard good things about it, however there's something not working for me right now.

To do so I'm using a custom kernel right now with this configuration for it:

CONFIG_TOI_CRYPTO=y
CONFIG_TOI_USERUI=y
CONFIG_TOI_USERUI_DEFAULT_PATH="/usr/sbin/tuxoniceui_text"
# CONFIG_TOI_KEEP_IMAGE is not set
CONFIG_TOI_REPLACE_SWSUSP=y
# CONFIG_TOI_IGNORE_LATE_INITCALL is not set
CONFIG_TOI_DEFAULT_WAIT=25
CONFIG_TOI_DEFAULT_EXTRA_PAGES_ALLOWANCE=2000
CONFIG_TOI_CHECKSUM=y
CONFIG_TOI=y

Also, I have /boot in a separate partition, and as I have statically compiled the filesystem drivers I need I have disabled the initramfs functionality; the package tuxonice-userui from the AUR is installed.

To be able to resume once hibernated, I have modified the rc.sysinit script with this:

if [ -f /sys/power/tuxonice/do_resume ]; then
  echo 1 > /sys/power/tuxonice/do_resume
fi

Right after stating the mini logger (the TOI how-to page tells to do so after mounting /proc and before mounting the filesystems).

The "problem" I'm facing now is that, when resuming I see a text saying that failed to launch the userspace program (and it's path, which is the same as I input in the kernel config), but it resumes "correctly" [1] and even shows the text interface (only late).

Has anyone come across this or know how to fix it?

Thank you very much for your time.

[1]: I have tried hibernating and resuming from ttys and sometimes after I resume I see a segmentation fault note in the console like this:

[user@machine ~]$ sudo hibernate
Segmentation fault
[user@machine ~]$

EDIT: In the end I re-enabled the support for initramfs and copied the userspace program to it.

Last edited by MickST (2010-06-05 15:22:09)

Board footer