You are not logged in.

#1 2010-06-06 08:06:46

soytea

Intel rotate issues (tearing and artifacts) 4500

I accidentally posted this in the "Multimedia" section so hopefully I'll get some replies in this section instead.

I'm having a weird issue with a dual head setup running on the intel driver. I'm running dual displays off of my Thinkpad X200 - one in landscape and one in portrait. The problem is when I rotate the left display there seems to be some slight tearing and keystrokes are a character behind, meaning that when I type in the terminal the cursor is one character behind and I can't see the last character I wrote until I type another one or hit space.

I've gone through many different xorg setups, disabling DRI, using EXA / XXA, everything that seems to be mentioned on the web.

Here's the weirdest part though. When I run glxgears everything magically works. There's no tearing, the cursor keeps up to pace and everything is super smooth. glxgears reports about 800 fps which is pretty good considering I'm running 2970x1680 off of a Thinkpad X200.

I've looked at multiple threads on here and tried every suggesting - update to drivers and kernel to testing, remove xorg.conf, various modeset settings (X doesn't start without KMS)... I've tried everything.

Why is it that when glxgears runs everything functions correctly? Any info on this?

#2 2010-06-16 18:57:09

soytea

Re: Intel rotate issues (tearing and artifacts) 4500

Man, no one has any information on this? I would really like to run Arch but I need my dual monitor setup. I'm running Ubuntu right now with no problems and getting over 3,000 FPS on glxgears. I tried out Debian squeeze over the weekend and while there were no artifacts or tearing, it was a little sluggish with about 500 FPS.

Why the hell does Ubuntu have to work so good?

Board footer