You are not logged in.

#1 2010-06-10 00:33:51

Red_Tide

[SOLVED] synaptics configuration questions...

So my touchpad is autodetected by hal and works out of the box the problem is I want to configure it to turn clicking off when I am typing. The Google has suggested to do this I need to enable SHMconfig and use synclient and the synaptics driver. So following the advisement of the wiki I have added synaptics to my xorg.conf in the serverlayout section the module section as well as creating an input device section with the boolean value of SHMconfig set to true. Yet when I try and run synclient it says the synaptics driver is not loaded and SHMconfig is not on. I am somewhat confused about how to proceed any advice would be appreciated. Some stuff I should mention my laptop is an asus ul30a and (I think) my touchpad is an elantech make, so my suspicion is that I am not correctly configuring things. Finally the synaptics section says that hal is deprecated does this mean I should disable it? I tried doing so as an experiment and it caused me to lose keyboard and mouse function. Thanks in advance for all help provided.

Ok I am a dumbass I am only using Xorg1.7.

Last edited by Red_Tide (2010-06-10 01:03:26)

Board footer