You are not logged in.

#1 2010-06-11 03:20:37

DWilliams

Can't get TeamSpeak3 audio to work

I'm using the teamspeak3 AUR package. When the program is running, it takes over all sound on the system (actually it won't start at all unless nothing else is trying to play sound). Still, though, I cannot hear anybody speak when connected to a server. I've read over the "Allowing Multiple Programs to Play Sound" wiki article but I don't think that's the issue. I can already have multiple programs other than TS3 playing sound at the same time. I started up a music file in VLC and watched a youtube video at the same time and the audio on both worked perfectly. I've also tried starting TS3 with the aoss script to no avail.

If I mess around in the Playback settings under TS3 I kinda-sorta get results. If I switch from auto detect to ALSA or OSS and click "test playbak" I can sometimes here the sound. As soon as I select either one the following error appears in my console:

2010-06-10 22:21:30.109331|INFO    |PlaySoundSet  |   | Invalid playbackDevice in Config File, (profile, playbackDevice) = (Default, default)

If I close the settings and go to do anything else that would require sound (even if I heard the test sound), the following error pops up in the console:

2010-06-10 22:22:00.329829|ERROR   |FMODPlayback  |   | init: Error initializing output device. 
2010-06-10 22:22:00.330861|ERROR   |PlaySoundSet  |   | Error opening playback device to play test sound

Then when I go back to playback settings and try to play the test sound again it gives the above error, but if I keep clicking it 4-5 times it will play back as before.

How can I make my audio work? I just need to listen, not even going to attempt getting the mic working yet. This is really frustrating and I really need to have it working by tomorrow night. I'm running Arch64, and for reference the previous version of TS3 worked just fine for me. I've used both the package I get from the AUR and the direct download from teamspeak.com and the problems are identical.

#2 2010-06-13 23:12:43

DWilliams

Re: Can't get TeamSpeak3 audio to work

Anyone? I assume this has something to do with the Linux audio stack, of which I'm far from an expert on (actually I find it hard to believe that anybody actually understands linux audio).

#3 2010-06-18 13:33:34

DWilliams

Bump again. I'm really disappointed in how bad the latest Linux release of TS3 is. The last version worked flawlessly for me in every way but this version has been nothing but trouble.

The official TS forums are no help, hundreds of views and no replies for over a week.

#4 2010-06-19 21:28:23

DWilliams

Bump

Board footer