You are not logged in.

#1 2010-06-11 17:36:50

wolk

Laud cd during playback

When i play cd audio my cd-rom spins cd with great speed and that generates huge amount of noice.
Is there some posibility to automatically slow down cd during playback?

I have tested banshee, vlc, mplayer.

#2 2010-06-11 17:56:04

GogglesGuy
Website

Re: Laud cd during playback

In mplayer you can set the spin speed. see man pages, option -cdda

#3 2010-06-11 18:16:04

xvello
Website

Hello

hdparm is able to change CDROM speeds :
for instance : "hdparm -E 2 /dev/cdrom" for a x2 speed

#4 2010-06-11 19:53:46

wolk

Thanks guy but i had to do this manually everytime i play some cd audio. That is extremly horrible user experience. I am rather looking for some application/player that will adjust cd speed automatically. Amorok was able to do this but now something is wrong with phonon on my computer and when some other program is playing some sounds amarok is not able to play songs.

#5 2010-06-11 20:21:54

GogglesGuy
Website

wolk wrote:

Thanks guy but i had to do this manually everytime i play some cd audio. That is extremly horrible user experience. I am rather looking for some application/player that will adjust cd speed automatically. Amorok was able to do this but now something is wrong with phonon on my computer and when some other program is playing some sounds amarok is not able to play songs.

Just set it in your mplayer config file...

#6 2010-06-20 18:45:48

wolk

GogglesGuy wrote:
wolk wrote:

and how can i do it?

#7 2010-06-24 15:33:21

GogglesGuy
Website

wolk wrote:
GogglesGuy wrote:
wolk wrote:

and how can i do it?

See the man page of mplayer under the section "CONFIGURATION FILES".

#8 2010-06-26 07:57:35

wolk

But hdparm is external command which effects are system wide(for every application using cd) and it last until restart of os. I would like it to last only for current application(mplayer).

Board footer