You are not logged in.

#1 2010-06-11 20:11:00

Dan Forever

Extensions for MediaWiki

I've installed MediaWiki on my server and found myself in need of a few of the extensions listed on the MediaWiki website.

Now, seeing how I was able to use pacman to install it (as it was conveniently available in the community repository) it seemed that the correct way to install any associated extensions would be though a similar method.

Unfortunately I couldn't find any packages for MediaWiki extensions, so I decided to write my own and add them to the AUR.

And here they are:
Confirm Account
GesHi CodeTag

Now seeing as I couldn't find any extensions at all, I thought it best to give them some kind of standardised naming scheme. The ArchWiki doesn't mention anything about php or program add ons or anything (from what I could see) so I decided on [extension name]-mediawiki-ext

I've done my best to the PKGBUILD files to make sure what comes out when you use them is secure.

There are a few issues I'm wondering if you guys could clarify for me:

1. I've added them under the category "modules", as that seemed to be the closest fit, is this correct? I couldn't find an entry on the wiki stating how packages are generally categorised (I don't think the search function likes me)

2. I've followed the format the MediaWiki package does in that it installs to the same directory that one does (/srv/http/mediawiki/extensions), however the ArchWiki mentions that things shouldn't be installed to /srv - presumably this means binaries and not things that are meant to be served by apache?

3. To create GesHi CodeTag I had to copy the code out of the wiki page itself (as they don't provide an archive) and include that as a seperate php file with the pkgbuild.

4. I've also had to include a seperate project (GesHi) as it can't made into it's own AUR package as standard practice is to include it with your own. They are both GPL licensed however, so I'm hoping that's not an issue.

5. Finally, I've deleted a couple of superfluous sub directories from GesHi as they're not used and as the documentation states they are a potential security risk.

Please take a look at them and tell me what you think

Board footer