You are not logged in.

#1 2005-02-10 11:47:15

STiAT

[kernel-driver] AcerHK

I've built a package for AcerHK keyboard drivers. The driver is used for getting "additional" hardware keys of several notebooks running (not just Acer NBs). You can look on http://rfswitch.sf.net if your notebook is supported as well.

Note: The driver is built for the 2.6.10-ARCH kernel. Actually, it easily can be rebuilt for your custom kernel as well (download the PKGBUILD and acerhk.install and use makepkg to build the package), but the binary package is just available for 2.6.10-ARCH (right now), but will switch within the kernel versions changing.

filelist
PKGBUILD
acerhk.install
acerhk

Just for users with 2.6.10-ARCH kernels
(BINARY) acerhk-0.5.19-1.pkg.tar.gz

For me the driver activates i.e. the wireless (HW/SW) switch, which i could bind on a script for activating / deactivating my wireless card, as wel as i can use my multimediakeys now.

It's my first kernel-driver package, and  the way-of-doing was taken out of the ipw2200 pkgbuild. If you have any idea how to make it "better", i'd be glad to know.

Update: Also included now is a startscript (/etc/rc.d/acerhk), which echos 1 or 0 to the /proc/driver/acerhk/wirelessled if you start / stop it, just to activate / deactivate the RF-Kill-Switch.

// STi

Ability is nothing without opportunity.

#2 2005-02-10 21:00:09

arael

Re: [kernel-driver] AcerHK

I was using it for a long time. (I like my mail blinking). This is rather rare used package so you won't see may response here but thank you anyway for supporting Arch community.

Regards,

jabber id: arael (at) fov (dot) pl

#3 2005-02-11 04:38:21

STiAT

I've built it basically for myself, and just provide it for the other people who may want it as well..

// STi

Ability is nothing without opportunity.

#4 2005-02-11 13:48:31

arael

And you are right. smile

#5 2005-02-22 22:18:35

arael

Don't forget about new entries in /proc filesystem - you can use them to to blink mail icon on your mail button. Cool feature - I was using it in my kmail and in korn. :>

Board footer