You are not logged in.

#1 2010-06-14 13:38:27

Darktagnan

Share sound between XP and Archlinux computer [M-AUDIO firewire 410]

Hi,

This might be a strange question but anyway,

I bought a M-AUDIO firewire 410 soundcard about 3-4 yeas ago, i never had a problem with it, and now that i've tasted the sound produced by the device, i can't get rid of it,
I've searched for over one year in order to make it work under linux (tried FreeBOB, wine...), no success in making it work under arch (or unbuntu for that matter), but that's not the point of this topic
The only solution that i've found can be by "sharing" the audio from my main computer (wich is running archlinux) to an auxiliary computer running Windows XP and has the firewire 410 plugged and installed.
My question is, does anyone knows a way to share the audio buffer from my arch computer to my auxiliary computer without loosing too much quality ? Both computers are connected over ethernet at a speed of 1Gbts/sec

I think it might be tricky, tried googleing it, but no success.
I Consider myself as an advanced linux user, so fire away !

#2 2010-06-14 14:49:50

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: Share sound between XP and Archlinux computer [M-AUDIO firewire 410]

s/pdif seems to be for such situations. You could also try running some networked sound daemon, pulseaudio supposedly runs on windows as well, not sure what support phonon has for networked audio.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer