You are not logged in.

#1 2010-06-15 23:28:37

NominaKun

Wireless Drivers... Error :/

Hello all!!!. I Was able to Install a Full Arch Linux Install including a Full GUI (GNOME). Now i'm installing this on a MacBook Pro so this is INTEL hardware. I'm running the x86_64 version. Now im trying to install my Wireless drivers (Broadcom BCM312) Now i was able to compile and install big_smile YAY!. Using Makepkg and Pacman install method. Now following this guide to install http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Broadcom_BCM4312 . I Now to do these following commads

# modprobe lib80211_crypt_tkip
# modprobe wl
# insmod /lib/modules/2.6.33-ARCH/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/wl.ko

Now when i do this command i get the following error in Terminal: WARNING: /etc/modprobe.d/modprobe.conf line 5: ignoring bad line starting with 'MODULES=(!snd_pcsp). Im getting this for "modprobe lib80211_crypt_tkip"

now when i do this command i get the following error in Terminal: WARNING: /etc/modprobe.d/modprobe.conf line 5: ignoring bad line starting with 'MODULES=(!snd_pcsp)'. Im Getting this for "modprobe wl"

and Last but not least when i do this command i get the Follow error in Terminal: insmod: error inserting '/lib/modules/2.6.33-ARCH/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/wl.ko': -1 File exists. And im getting this for "insmod /lib/modules/2.6.33-ARCH/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/wl.ko". Please assist!

Thanks! big_smile And this is my Offical first post in Arch Linux Forums ::)

#2 2010-06-16 04:36:45

NominaKun

Re: Wireless Drivers... Error :/

Bump

#3 2010-06-16 20:04:34

thatnewyorker

NominaKun wrote:

Bump

This isn't /g/, don't bump your own thread.

R.I.P In Pieces

#4 2010-06-16 21:35:46

tomk
Forum Fellow

Correct - no bumping. See here for details on this and other guidelines for using this forum.

Re your issue - the first message is quite clear IMO. Line 5 of your modprobe.conf is not in the correct format i.e. it's a bad line, so modprobe is ignoring it. It also says it is a warning, not an error. If you want it to go away, fix line 5.

The second message is an error, due to a mistake on that wiki page. Use either modprobe or insmod (preferably modprobe) to load the wl driver, but not both.

Board footer