You are not logged in.

#1 2005-02-11 10:29:08

sn0n
Website

ok.. so i have a thumbdrive...

ok.. i did a lil searching first.. and i've come to the conclusion im doing something wrong.. or somethings just messed up..

so i plug the thumbdrive in.. nothing happens.. ok.. so i look around for usb drives and notice that
/dev/scsi/host0/bla bla bla bla bla will mount and low and behold its my thumbdrive.. so i mount it.. throw a few files i need on it.. add the /dev/scsi/host0/bla/bla/bla/part1 to my fstab..
jump ahead to the next time i try to mount it.. and the usb is now host1 ok.. edit fstab.. try again.. test by unmounting and replugging.. and its host2 now..
is it just me? am i doing something terriably wrong? please help!!
:-/
edit: Also.. its the only usb device..

#2 2005-02-11 10:47:27

sn0n
Website

Re: ok.. so i have a thumbdrive...

just ignore me!!  i 'fixed' it..
was that !ide-scsi module, and me being a novice.. :-D

#3 2005-02-11 15:08:56

iBertus

sn0n wrote:

ok.. i did a lil searching first.. and i've come to the conclusion im doing something wrong.. or somethings just messed up..

so i plug the thumbdrive in.. nothing happens.. ok.. so i look around for usb drives and notice that
/dev/scsi/host0/bla bla bla bla bla will mount and low and behold its my thumbdrive.. so i mount it.. throw a few files i need on it.. add the /dev/scsi/host0/bla/bla/bla/part1 to my fstab..
jump ahead to the next time i try to mount it.. and the usb is now host1 ok.. edit fstab.. try again.. test by unmounting and replugging.. and its host2 now..
is it just me? am i doing something terriably wrong? please help!!
:-/
edit: Also.. its the only usb device..

Are you using devfs? If so, I'd really recommend you switch to udev if you're going to be using stuff like usb flash devices.

#4 2005-02-11 22:28:26

sn0n
Website

i never could get it to switch over to udev, dunno how.. :: shrugs ::
im still relatively new at using linux.. i know the basics.. but im still getting more into it.. i think i have ADD or something.. lol.. cuz it takes me awhile.. ;-)

#5 2005-02-12 02:02:30

tomk
Forum Fellow

Board footer