You are not logged in.

#1 2010-06-17 02:55:06

toastersocks

Synaptics touchpad doesn't work after suspend

Hello. I've been having this issue for a while, and after searching the forums, googling, and searching the wiki, havent been able to resolve it. After coming out of suspend to RAM the synaptics touchpad doesn't work. It seems not to be detected. It does work after hibernation. I can even wake from suspend, then hibernate, and it will be working again.
Here are the relevent dmesg outputs:
After suspend:

Unable to query Synaptics hardware.

After hibernate:

Synaptics Touchpad, model: 1, fw: 5.9, id: 0x23aeb3, caps: 0xa04713/0x10008
input: SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad as /devices/platform/i8042/serio1/input/input8

I've tried using a hook to rebind the mouse as per the wiki: http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pm- … _own_hooks
With these lines:

echo -n "i8042" > /sys/bus/platform/drivers/i8042/unbind
echo -n "i8042" > /sys/bus/platform/drivers/i8042/bind

With the same results. Actually I'm not sure if pm-utils is being used or not. I am suspending using the logout dialogue of LXDE. I also had this problem using Ubuntu, but I haven't found anything on the forums over there either. hmm
I'm hoping sombody here can help me.
If I can provide any more relevent info, let me know. Any help with this frustrating problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all. smile

Last edited by toastersocks (2010-06-17 05:32:13)

#2 2011-04-16 17:31:42

thim

Re: Synaptics touchpad doesn't work after suspend

Have exactly the same problem. And I'm not happy seeing this post above has no replays =P
Anyone can answer it?
And maybe You, toastersocks, have come to some solution?

no Arch, no cry!

#3 2011-04-19 04:55:54

toastersocks

Unfortunately, I was never able to find a solution to this. Seems like a solution is possible though. After all something is happening (or not happening) after a suspend to disk that enables the trackpad that isn't happening after a suspend to RAM, or visa-versa. From what I remember I suspect it's something to do with conflicting IRQs or something like that... That's not very helpful I know...
Hopefully someone more knowlagable will see these posts and point us in the right direction.

#4 2011-04-19 07:19:42

the sad clown

You could try following these instructions:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pm … figuration
Only do "synaptics" as the module being suspended.

I laugh, yet the joke is on me

Board footer