You are not logged in.

#1 2010-06-18 03:30:42

jskier
Website

lxde, openoffice, and fonts

I am trying out lxde and love it (after tweaking .fonts.conf to match what I used to set in Gnome)... Only problem is now the fonts in OpenOffice are way too skinny (also jagged) and it doesn't appear to be following my .fonts.conf file. I tried playing around with the .fonts.conf file and some other tweaks found in the wiki but it still won't fall in line with other GTK apps (even export OOO_FORCE_DESKTOP=gnome). go-openoffice seems to respect my settings better, but without sub-pixel rending (adequately beefy fonts but very jagged). I prefer using the openoffice-base, so I'd prefer get that back to what it was in Gnome- appearing the other GTK apps.

Anyone have any avenues I should pursue?

Thank you for any help.

EDIT: Also noticed Google Chrome is acting like OO- skinny rough looking fonts. Not a big deal, I usually use Firefox anyway...

Last edited by jskier (2010-06-18 03:35:40)

--
JSkier

#2 2010-06-18 03:36:05

anonymous_user

Re: lxde, openoffice, and fonts

#3 2010-06-18 11:47:21

jskier
Website

Re: lxde, openoffice, and fonts

Thanks for the heads up on the wiki in OpenOffice. I did already have an Xdefaults file, so added to that. Anyway, tried each one until I had all the recommendations in various config files- still the fonts are too skinny (even after restart).

EDIT: Logging back into Gnome everything is fine... Arghh, I wish these font settings would be more universal and consistent roll

Last edited by jskier (2010-06-18 11:52:20)

--
JSkier

Board footer