You are not logged in.

#1 2010-06-18 07:00:39

LarryBari

Lirc setup for Leadtek DTV 1000T remote code y04g0033

Hallo.  I apologise as this could possibly belong in the newbie corner.  However, I have been playing with arch for over 2.5 years now smile
I have a working Lirc setup with my dvico usb receiver and remote.
However, that remote doesn't have enough buttons for my mythtv purposes so I thought I'd try (again) to get the Leadtek dtv1000t remote to work.

Does anyone out there have a working lirc installation with this remote or have any tips for me?

My /etc/rc.conf/lircd.conf is:

LIRC_DEVICE="/dev/input/event7"
LIRC_MODULES="bttv"
LIRC_DRIVER="dev/input"
LIRC_CONFIGFILE="/etc/lircd2.conf"

which links to my remote config file which I put in /etc/lircd2.conf (lircd.conf is the other remote) (which I downloaded from somewhere...

When I run irw, no key presses are picked up.
Do I need the bttv module explicitly specified in this file, as I am pretty sure the module is loaded for the tv card side of things.
The code on the remote is Y04G0033.
I have read elsewhere that there is some sort of patch to make it work, but I'm not really that technically advanced in things linux.
The dvb side of things works flawlessly, and I'm proud of the fact that all modules for my hardware work out of the box with no loading of other modules.

#2 2010-08-02 11:12:21

LarryBari

Re: Lirc setup for Leadtek DTV 1000T remote code y04g0033

Bump.  I have tried lirc with the newest kernel, but it still doesn't pick up remote key presses.  This really isn't a big deal but I have read somewhere that if the kernel isn't running at 1000Hz or something then the key presses aren't picked up because they are out of phase with the receiver.  People have reset their kernels to 1000Hz from 250 or something, but I really don't know how to do this or don't want to.  For the record, my old compro t300 card worked fine under lirc with the exact same set up and driver under lirc.

In the meantime I have 'found' some more keys on my Dvico remote to use with my learning remote so my problem is solved.  However, the problem with the leadtek dtv1000t remote under Archlinux is not solved so I'll leave this topic open to anyone who wants to comment... just incase anyone actually does use this card under linux.

Larry

Board footer