You are not logged in.

#1 2010-06-18 17:19:01

CPUnltd
Website

Ekiga network settings error (port forwarding)

I've been haunted by this error since I started using Ekiga and have never figured out how to get it to go away...

Ekiga did not manage to configure your network settings automatically. You can still use it, but you need to configure your network settings manually.
Please see http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Enable_ … g_manually for instructions.

maybe I'm just slow, but when I go to that page, I don't seem to be able to find what the error is referring to for fixing this issue.  Ekiga itself seems to work fine for fairly long periods of time, but it does randomly stop taking/sending calls, so I'm guessing this is the reason why it does that.  Could someone PLEASE explain to me what I am missing or failing to understand...?

Help grow the dev population... have your tech trained and certified!

#2 2011-06-02 19:27:30

1LordAnubis
Website

Re: Ekiga network settings error (port forwarding)

I'm getting this problem now....  can't seem to get it to connect..

Its the exact same message, the funny thing is when i installed/used ekiga last week, it worked.... this week it doesn't for whatever reason, i've even set this computer as the dmz on the router... still nothing...
is anyone else having this problem, i'm bewildered

hmm, if i run ekiga -d 4 2>&1 | grep STUN
i get:
2011/06/03 14:58:25.030      0:06.320    StunDetector:0xb314fb70    STUN    Poll of secondary server 216.93.246.17:3479 failed, NAT partially blocked by firwall rules.
2011/06/03 14:58:25.069      0:06.359    StunDetector:0xb314fb70    OPAL    STUN server "stun.ekiga.net" replies Partially Blocked, external IP

but i've changed all the settings on the router.... it shouldn't be blocking me in any way...; i've tried the wiki's port forwarding setup, i've tried changing the mtu on the router, turned off nat, set this comp as the dmz, etc; it just won't work, so it must be a local problem? (it worked when i first installed it a week or two ago w/ no config)

Last edited by 1LordAnubis (2011-06-03 19:27:25)

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.
-Benjamin Franklin
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-George Bernard Shaw

Board footer