You are not logged in.

#1 2010-06-19 18:01:54

SourceofDreams

Couple of Install Q's (Fatal Error: Bad primary partition 2...)

Hi,

I've been running Arch inside Virtualbox for the better part of a week and decided to dualboot by Dell Insprion 1525 between Arch and Windows 7

I've had a couple of install hiccups so far, the first was a blank screen after booting from the install CD (core) which I solved after looking on the forums

acpi=off noapic nolapic pci=nomsi

my first question is if I manage to get arch installed will I need to add this to the Grub boot command?

second problem is this error I get from cfdisk

FATAL ERROR: Bad primary partition 2: Partition ends in the final partial cylinder

After some more google searching I discovered that this is more then likely caused by parted mucking up my partitions... I have 4 partitions on my disk one is a 20gb Linux Mint 9 install with a 2gb swap (this is where I want Arch to go) and then a 50gb Windows 7 partition and a 500gb Data partition

now I would much rather keep the stuff I have on my data partition as I don't have anywhere else to put it =] I also have a clonezilla image of my windows partition on there, will that be useful?

Would be grateful for any help big_smile

Last edited by SourceofDreams (2010-06-19 18:09:45)

"dReAmS aRe LiKe SoAp BubBlEs, ThEy BuRsT wHeN tOuChEd By TrUe ReAlItY" - Unkown

Board footer