You are not logged in.

#1 2010-06-21 07:49:52

FuKaS

Odd USB device issue.

I've tried searching, but due to the fact that the keyword here is USB there are a few issues finding exactly what I need, and for that I appolgize.

However, here is the issue.

I am using the current x86_x64 version and while I have adapted quite well to this distro, contributing to the wiki, and solving issues on my own (excellent wiki by the way), I have not been able to solve this particular problem.

Whenever I plugin a USB device such as a blackberry or an ipod touch, the device seems to reconnect and disconnect over and over again. Meaning.. the device doesn't charge. It starts too but then restarts too. This isn't a hardware issue more or less because it doesn't do it with external hard drives or usb devices other than my phones/ipods.

Is there a setting somewhere I'm over looking? Being able to plugin my phone/ipod and have it charge rather than connect.. and reconnect would be nice, seeing as it will kill the battery lol.

Thank you.

Archlinux x86_64 | i7-2600K | 4GB G.Skill Ripjaw 1600mhz | 1TB WD Blue | Antec 550w | Galaxy GT430 1GB | AsRock P67 Pro3 (B3)

#2 2010-06-21 16:07:20

lilsirecho
Veteran

Re: Odd USB device issue.

Perhaps the problem is related to the current limiter in your mobo...some mobos do not provide enough current to charge external devices.

There are devices to use for cases of this kind using a pair of usb connections.

Prediction...This year will be a very odd year!
Hard work does not kill people but why risk it: Charlie Mccarthy
A man is not complete until he is married..then..he is finished.
When ALL is lost, what can be found? Even bytes get lonely for a little bit!     X-ray confirms Iam spineless!

Board footer