You are not logged in.

#1 2010-06-22 00:38:15

henrypootel

Crossover, Outlook and Exchange 2007

Hi

So our company has just upgraded our server to Exchange 2007(it was 2003) and I'm having real problems getting my Arch setup to play nice.
I was using Evolution to connect to it and this did everything that I wanted it too.
The evolution-exchange plugin, however, only seems to work with Exchange 2003. I tried the evolution openchange option, but this doesn't allow me to access public folders(essential), send completely grabled emails, and crashes all the time.

So I have now decided that running Outlook in wine is the best option. After trying for a while I discovered that outlook doesn't run at all in normal Wine, so I'm trying out Crossover(v9).
Everything installs fine, but when i go to add the exchange server account, it pops up a dialog asking for my username and password. Once i enter them and hit return, the dialog just reappears over and over and never actually lets me in.
I have tried doing the exact same process in crossover in a Ubuntu VM, and it all works fine, but if i package it up and bring it back to arch, the same problem pops up, and there's still no way to get out.

This really is a killer problem for me as the only way I can access my mail and public folders is through a VM on my machine, but the poor Atom N280 is struggling running that with anything else.

Anyone have any idea how I can fix this, or have some sort of alternative way to get the same thing?

#2 2010-06-22 01:22:08

xduugu

Re: Crossover, Outlook and Exchange 2007

Don't know about Outlook/Crossover, but you could give davmail a try. I have imap/caldav/ldap configured in thunderbird/lightning and it works fine so far.

#3 2010-06-22 01:27:59

henrypootel

looks interesting. does that allow access to Public folders though? That's the real sticking point in most cases for me.
Address book isn't a big deal, but the public calendar is essential.

#4 2010-06-23 13:01:32

xduugu

Didn't test it, but

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2901798&group_id=184600&atid=909907 wrote:

public calendars are supported, use /public instead of /users in calendar
URL.

However, public folders in general could be a problem:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2968429&group_id=184600&atid=909905 wrote:

Public folder support is partially implemented but still highly
experimental.

In thunderbird, you can try to set /public in IMAP account advanced server
options as public folder path, this may or may not work.

Board footer