You are not logged in.

#1 2010-06-22 01:41:23

daedalusman

no video in smplayer when playing 720p .mkv with 5.1 audio

This just happened for the first time with an .mkv file I was trying to play. It started fine but then after selecting a menu option in smplayer the video disappeared. It didn't go black, the player just stopped presenting the video. In other words the player switched to audio playback mode only, the window was unable to go into fullscreen or be resized. Smplayer still works with other HD files. Deleting the config directory fixes the problem until I select a menu option, such as, setting the audio to 5.1, then the video portion disappears again.

Does anyone know what is going on here or have any ideas on how to fix this issue?

Thanks for any help provided.

#2 2010-06-28 07:49:27

whaler

Re: no video in smplayer when playing 720p .mkv with 5.1 audio

No, I don't know what is going on, but I experience the same, except it affects both *.flv, *.avi and *.wmv here. I have had no problems with MPlayer and SMPlayer the last 2-3 years, but after upgrading to the latest kernel and X 1.8 this, and many other problems, have appeared.

I have written to the SMPlayer forum and will post here whatever useful might come out of that...

Last edited by whaler (2010-06-28 07:51:57)

#3 2010-06-28 09:05:33

wonder
Developer
Website

Re: no video in smplayer when playing 720p .mkv with 5.1 audio

daedalusman wrote:

This just happened for the first time with an .mkv file I was trying to play. It started fine but then after selecting a menu option in smplayer the video disappeared. It didn't go black, the player just stopped presenting the video. In other words the player switched to audio playback mode only, the window was unable to go into fullscreen or be resized. Smplayer still works with other HD files. Deleting the config directory fixes the problem until I select a menu option, such as, setting the audio to 5.1, then the video portion disappears again.

Does anyone know what is going on here or have any ideas on how to fix this issue?

Thanks for any help provided.

that's because now mplayer they switch to libavformat demuxer for mkv and ogg and i think is a bug in smplayer because is making some configuration for files in file_settings in which is sets demuxer & co. this switch is confusing smplayer and it should be reported upstream

p.s if you actually select demuxer from smplayer to mkv it would work perfectly

Give what you have. To someone, it may be better than you dare to think.

Board footer