You are not logged in.

#1 2010-06-26 01:32:35

kdar

LIRC doesn't creat directory "lirc0"

I bought a remote recently. It is RRC-127 from Rosewill, but it is very similar to Anyware/Mediagate GP-IR02BK USB MCE remote / receiver (I suspect this is same model, but with different branding).

Looking at this topic, I and original poster have same receiver: Bus 003 Device 002: ID 1784:0008 TopSeed Technology Corp
http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=84191

Anyways... I was trying to install LIRC and make this remote work in Linux with XBMC. After trying to install it few times and with few failures, I dicovered that directory "lirc0" is not created. In directory /dev/ there is only exist "lircd". This is why I suspect typing command "irw" in terminal doesn't do anything.

Does anyone had this problem? Does anyone know how I could fix it?

I am also confused if I need to use mceusb or mceusb2...
Several tutorial online direct you to select "Windows Media Center Remotes (new version, Philips et al.)" at the configuration of LIRC after/during installation. However, I only able to find this in the given options: Windows Media Center Remotes/Receivers (all)

Could anyone help me with some advice? maybe you know what I can do?

#2 2010-09-19 21:09:41

palmaway

Re: LIRC doesn't creat directory "lirc0"

Try disabling the integrated kernel module "ir_core" in /etc/rc.conf. It may conflict with Lirc (it was with mine).

Board footer