You are not logged in.

#1 2010-06-26 21:00:43

siriusb

[solved] converting existing / and /home on LUKS to btrfs

Hi,

I have / and /home on different partitions and both of them are luks encrypted. I would like to convert them to btrfs.
I added MODULES="crc32c libcrc32c zlib_deflate btrfs" to  mkinitcpio.conf and changed the appropriate lines in fstab as well. After successfully converting the two ext4 filesystems, I cannot boot into arch. I am asked for password to unlock root partition but it can't be mounted and I am stuck.
So what should I update to get it work?

Another question, should I use btrfs-prog from AUR instead of the unstable version from repo, since mkinitcpio-btrfs from AUR requires btrfs-prog from AUR.

MOD: running mkinitcpio -p kernel26 with the module array updated in mkinitcpio.conf, then make the root partition conversion resolved the issue. I also modified mkinitcpio-btrfs PKGBUILDS regarding dependencies. We will see. smile

Last edited by siriusb (2010-06-27 06:17:29)

#2 2010-06-27 10:26:34

siriusb

Re: [solved] converting existing / and /home on LUKS to btrfs

Everything works till I create subvolumes on both / and /home. I set up the new subvolumes as default (they got the same ID, maybe it is the problem) and after it the partitions are unmountable. So I'll wait till this FS becomes a little more matured. smile

Board footer