You are not logged in.

#1 2010-06-27 15:48:39

OctoberRust

iPhone sync notes/todo

I'm currently researching methods of keeping notes/to-do/calendar synchronized across my iPhone and arch desktop. I'm quite fond of the ncurses programs, if there are any suggestions that'd be great. I'm looking to see what the other iphone users have setup. I've searched the forums for a solution with obviously no satisfying result.

Thanks in advance.

#2 2010-06-27 18:25:56

davvil

Re: iPhone sync notes/todo

I synchronize my (ipod touch) calendar via google calendar. At the moment is the best I found without having to go through iTunes+outlook.

#3 2010-06-27 21:07:56

OctoberRust

It would seem to me that unless jailbroken the only way is to use an app on the iphone that sync's up to an online service,  then use some scripts to rip it from the net down to your computer. iOS4 now also has notes syncing up but I very much dislike the fact that it sits in your google mail.

#4 2010-06-28 16:43:47

pseudonomous

If you go with google calender, this might be something useful:

google command line tools

#5 2010-06-28 23:00:55

Sakurina
Website

OctoberRust wrote:

It would seem to me that unless jailbroken the only way is to use an app on the iphone that sync's up to an online service,  then use some scripts to rip it from the net down to your computer. iOS4 now also has notes syncing up but I very much dislike the fact that it sits in your google mail.

Well, in theory, there could eventually be calendar/contacts/notes syncing through libimobiledevice at some point, it just hasn't been implemented yet.

Google Sync has already been mentioned; it's an ActiveSync interface to Google Calendar, Google Contacts, and Gmail. If you're looking for something like the stock Notes app but with cloud syncing, you might want to look into Simplenote. That leaves task management; I'm unfamiliar with those but several apps on the App Store will sync tasks to the cloud, so you'd have to check those out.

#6 2010-07-03 09:33:01

maxexcloo

If you have a jailbroken device, this might help:
http://modmyi.com/cydia/package.php?id=10769

Board footer