You are not logged in.

#1 2011-10-11 17:26:55

lolhue

xfce4-power-manager and laptop-mode-tools + backlight problems.

Cross posted from here: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=127992
I don't know which forum it belongs to, so maybe a mod can close the one in the wrong forum.

Out of curiosity, do these two tools conflict with each other? There seems to be some features that do the same thing, ie harddrive spin down time, but I'm not sure if these two will try to kill each other trying to configure the same power settings. If they do conflict, how could I go about disabling the conflicting parts (on either)? laptop-mode-tools claims it needs acpid "for ACPI support", however, acpid seems to be grabbing the standby event and throwing the laptop in standby despite the standby button bound to do nothing in xfce-power-manager. If I take out acpid, does that mean laptop-mode will no longer detect acpi events such as connecting/disconnecting AC power and thus not change modes when its plugged in?

Another problem I've had after installing xfce4-power-manager is that when I use the brightness hotkeys the backlight gets stuck and starts flashing, locking up the system until I force shutdown. However, I can use the brightness plugin without trouble at all. What's causing the power manager to screw up setting the brightness since it clearly seems to work otherwise.

#2 2011-10-11 19:53:46

bernarcher
Forum Fellow

Re: xfce4-power-manager and laptop-mode-tools + backlight problems.

It is easier to close this one and move the other thread over here. Just continue there.

BTW better use the Report button when you want to have a thread of yours moved to another forum. That way it is guaranteed a mod will see this in time. And you never need to cross post. tongue

To know or not to know ...
... the questions remain forever.

Board footer