You are not logged in.

#1 2011-10-16 01:44:56

Silex89

Speed issue with Dolphin GameCube emulator

Hi everyone big_smile, here's the deal: I built Dolphin-emu from AUR, everything went fine, I started to emulate Sonic Adventure 2: Battle and it worked! no artifacts or graphical glitches at all. The only problem I have is that the speed is too slow (with the best configuration combination, the ROM runs to 60%, it looks like slow motion, not like stop motion or frameskipping). I've tried everything and nothing let's me play with 100% performance. Here you have the specs of my machine:

Acer Aspire 4552
AMD Athlon II X2 P340 Dual Core
AMD Radeon HD 4250 (I'm using the open source driver. Catalyst didn't worked for me with Gnome Shell)
3 GB of RAM Memory
A 500 GB Hard Drive

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Regards big_smile

"The way your heart sounds makes all the difference" John Myung

I love Dream Theater! ImL
Best Guitar Solo Ever

#2 2011-10-16 13:51:17

PReP
Website

Re: Speed issue with Dolphin GameCube emulator

One idea is that your processor probably is just barely fitting for running dolphin, since sse4 and such based processors (ie intel c2d) are known to handle dolphin better.
Another is that amd cards might be a bit more tricky in linxu (to my experience)

Yet Another idea is that you look over your configuration of dolphin itself,
and if you are using the git version, it is a work in progress and needs to be followed and read about,
on dolphins own site.

Good luck anyways smile

. Main: Intel Core i5 6600k @ 4.4 Ghz, 16 GB DDR4 XMP, Gefore GTX 970 (Gainward Phantom) - Arch Linux 64-Bit
. Server: Intel Core i5 2500k @ 3.9 Ghz, 8 GB DDR2-XMP RAM @ 1600 Mhz, Geforce GTX 570 (Gainward Phantom) - Arch Linux 64-Bit
. Body: Estrogen @ 90%, Testestorone @ 10% (Not scientific just out-of-my-guesstimate-brain)

Board footer