You are not logged in.

#1 2011-10-17 12:22:15

ChojinDSL
Website

[SOLVED] Yaourt Symbolic link error, any ideas?

When I try to install glusterfs via yaourt, I always run into this error:
#############################################
libtool: install: warning: remember to run `libtool --finish /usr/lib/glusterfs/3.2.4/xlator/system'
Making install in glusterfsd
Making install in src
ln: failed to create symbolic link `/home/chojin/tmp/yaourt-tmp-chojin/aur-glusterfs/pkg/usr/sbin/glusterfs': No such file or directory
make[3]: *** [install-data-local] Error 1
make[3]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
  /bin/sh ../../libtool --mode=install /bin/install -c 'glusterfsd' '/home/chojin/tmp/yaourt-tmp-chojin/aur-glusterfs/pkg/usr/sbin/glusterfsd'
/bin/install -c .libs/glusterfsd /home/chojin/tmp/yaourt-tmp-chojin/aur-glusterfs/pkg/usr/sbin/glusterfsd
make[2]: *** [install-am] Error 2
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
    Aborting...
==> ERROR: Makepkg was unable to build glusterfs.
==> Restart building glusterfs ? [y/N]
==> ----------------------------------
==>
#################################################

This happens regardless of running yaourt as root or not, and it makes no difference if I specify a different tmp directory.
It's a really weird issue, since I was able to install it successfully on my 64bit Desktop running arch, but not on my servers. But now my desktop also fails, even though the package version hasn't changed.

Has anyone experienced this error? Perhaps with a different package, but maybe the same solution or work around would apply.

####################

EDIT:

Weird, this time it worked.
I commented out the MAKEFLAGS in makepkg.conf and I ran makepkg directly as a user with the following flags: makepkg -L -m -s --check

I wonder what did the magic? Strange.

######################
Update,
seems the MAKEFLAGS was the culprit. I had it set to 48 since my server has 48 cores, but I guess some packages don't like that.

Solved, I guess.

Last edited by ChojinDSL (2011-10-17 12:41:01)

Board footer