You are not logged in.

#1 2011-09-28 18:48:26

MikalD

Installation on OCZ Revodrive PCI SSD

I have tried to install Arch Linux on OCZ Revodrive but I failed. Im an totaly newbie in this subject. I have read wiki about ssd and it says use GTP but I don`t have any clue on how to do that under the install. Also I tried to setup dmraid but Im not sure if it worked. So lets start on scratch and I can test things and give back output and hopefully we togheter can get this sorted out.

I have UEFI. The Revodrive SSD uses fakeraid.

Im trying to install 64Bit.

Help appreciated

Regards Mikal

Last edited by MikalD (2011-09-29 09:44:09)

#2 2011-09-30 12:26:14

MikalD

Re: Installation on OCZ Revodrive PCI SSD

Well I managed to install. But I am not sure if I got it right and it is an temporary solution.

I had gparted GUI on an usb stick and booted it up and set the partitions. Made one root partition.
The raid was recognized by gparted. The raid was pre setup. So I did not use dmraid or anything.

Booted up arch installation and installed. Set the partition to be root and made a /home and /boot on an another hard drive.

Installation was successful and I can boot Arch but im not sure if the raid is working. When I run fdisk -l it is not displaying and raid just 2 individual disk.

It says that disk 1 has partitions and disk2 has none. And they are both 60GB each. There is no 120GB disk.

So how can I test if the raid works and be able to have the /boot on the Revodrive. The /home is intended to be on an another hard drive. But there is no difference in performance of having /boot on a another hard drive it isn't a big deal.

Last edited by MikalD (2011-09-30 12:26:59)

#3 2011-10-22 13:16:26

sekiz

It is not a good idea to install arch on an individual drive of a fakeraid, especially if you are using another OS on the drive. Please search the fakeraid guide on arch wiki and my previous posts https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=73097 . Both should work, same logic with intel matrix raid. Post here if unsuccessful, but with logs, verbal descriptions are useless.

Try and try again, I really wonder the performance of a revodrive with arch on it.

#4 2018-03-25 03:59:09

rdahlgren
Website

This is an old post, but the OCZ RevoDrive SSD RAID lives on.

I did some digging and  put together a post covering the steps required to boot from the OCZ RevoDrive. The basic components are using a RAID0 multi-disk device with metadata version 0.9, then installing the bootloader on the first disk in the array, ignoring the multidisk device. Version 0.9 writes metadata to the end of each disk in the array, allowing the bootloader to live in peace. Hope this helps anyone else trying to get the drive working with Arch.

#5 2018-03-25 04:04:37

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Use the wiki for documentation, don't necrobump: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Co … bumping.22

Closing

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

Board footer