You are not logged in.

#1 2011-10-22 16:23:28

Leviathan1

Gnome 3.2 suspend with status menu: screen is not locked after wakeup

Locking the screen with gnome-screensaver-command --lock or with the lock screen option from the status menu works fine.

However, when the suspend from the status menu is used, although it does seem to go into lock mode before it suspends (the screen goes black and there is a little lock icon in to top corner), it never asks for a password after it wakes up. This happens on both my laptops with gnome3 by the way.

The wiki article https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Gn … ter_resume tells me to use

# gsettings set org.gnome.power-manager lock-use-screensaver 'false'

But that key doesn't exist in gnome 3.2.

Any ideas ?

#2 2011-10-23 11:29:51

Leviathan1

Re: Gnome 3.2 suspend with status menu: screen is not locked after wakeup

In the meantime I found the following:

- When I suspend with the power button, the screen is locked, but not when I use the status menu option
- This seems to be related to the screen setting 'Lock screen after'. I had it set to 1 minutes. When I change it to 'after the screen goes blank' the
  problem doesn't seem to occur.

So, the way it looks now, it uses the same settings for delaying the locking the screen after the screensaver kicks in when locking the screen before suspend.
Which doesn't make much sense. And then the behaviour is still inconsistent with the power button suspend.

#3 2011-10-23 11:53:48

sakisds

You could use a custom hook for pm-utils that runs gnome-screensaver-command --lock just before the machine goes to sleep (or just after it resumes). The wiki has more info on how to write custom hooks.

#4 2011-12-27 19:59:46

orcane

I have the same problem, but I don't want to write a custom hook for such a function. Has anybody the same problem?

#5 2012-04-15 22:09:04

zwl

@Leviathan1 Where is the lock screen after option and how did you change it?

#6 2012-04-16 05:21:39

zwl

zwl wrote:

@Leviathan1 Where is the lock screen after option and how did you change it?

Ah, I misread your post.  Disregard this.  Suffice it to say, I am having the same problem.  I wish it would lock after suspending.

Board footer