You are not logged in.

#1 2011-10-23 09:49:34

nickbao-media

autostarting xbmc on Archlinux

Hi everyone,
I build an archlinux on a box with Intel Atom D525@1.8GHz CPU, NVidia Ion Graphics card. I didn't installed any WM. I followed the instructions from http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=In … rting_XBMC

First you need to make some changes to /etc/inittab. Add this:
                    x:5:respawn:/bin/su <YOUR_XBMC_USERNAME> -l -c "/bin/bash --login -c startx >/dev/null 2>&1"
          then changing this line
                    id:3:initdefault
          into this:
                    id:5:initdefault
          In /etc/skel/.xinitrc add the following to the end of the file (after removing/commenting any other exec lines that start a windowmanager):
                    exec /usr/bin/ck-launch-session /usr/bin/dbus-launch --exit-with-session /usr/bin/xbmc --standalone

I also installed ConsoleKit package to have the "ck-launch-session" for the system.
when it boots up, the system still pops up the console login interface for me to typing username and password.
Can anyone help me out?

thanks in advance!

regards,
Nick

#2 2011-10-23 11:30:25

Raynman

Re: autostarting xbmc on Archlinux

The instructions tell you to add the exec line to /home/<YOUR_XBMC_USERNAME/.xinitrc. You modified the skeleton .xinitrc. Files from /etc/skel are automatically copied to a new user's home, but you probably created the user before you modified the skeleton, so you'll have to do that manually.

#3 2011-10-26 09:46:36

nickbao-media

Raynman, thanks, --Nick

#4 2011-10-27 05:06:43

karol
Archivist

If you got it working, please mark the thread as solved.

Board footer