You are not logged in.

#1 2011-10-27 18:14:36

Joch

[SOLVED] Voices on certain videos get low

Hi,
I have this problem and I have no idea what is causing it. On certain video files (HQ  files, but not all of them), the voices are very low and only come out of the right side. It only does it when it is a character speaking (other sound effects are normal). This doesn't happen with all files, but I have noticed that the files I have a problem with are the ones for which I can't choose the audio channel (this menu is grey in VLC). I have tried an other player but the problem persisted. It used to work fine before, I think it changed about a week ago but I didn't really pay attention at that time. I was thinking that it might be a problem with 5.1 sound but I'm not sure about that and I don't know what to do.
If anyone has any idea...
Thanks

Last edited by Joch (2011-10-28 22:25:24)

#2 2011-10-28 08:22:00

toad
Website

Re: [SOLVED] Voices on certain videos get low

I noticed this as well in vlc, googled and _thought_ it had something to with 5.1. I started using kaffeine and it worked fine - even vlc appears to have fixed itself automagically for most files.

Are you by any chance using pulseaudio? Just asking 'cos those were the only sound related entries I could find my pacman.log in the last week.

never trust a toad...
::Grateful ArchDonor::
::Grateful Wikipedia Donor::

#3 2011-10-28 22:24:56

Joch

Oh, it works with kaffeine, I guess I'll just use that until it "fixes itself", thanks.
And I am indeed using pulseaudio.

#4 2011-10-29 06:47:50

toad
Website

never trust a toad...
::Grateful ArchDonor::
::Grateful Wikipedia Donor::

Board footer