You are not logged in.

#1 2011-10-31 16:25:24

straycatstrat

Accessing SD card [SOLVED] 'kinda

Okay, I like to think that I am familiar with the Linux OS and all, and I can typically navigate through it without a problem. I like to try new distributions out, like to fuck them up and see if I can fix it with little to no help from the forums, etc. Just like I did with Windows.

But, I have an issue and I am a little too lazy at the moment to figure it out. So, here it is:

I have a fresh install of Arch Linux on this computer, ALSA is working without a problem, 2D graphics working okay, 3D graphics would be working if the video card would support 3D in its native OS lol. My CD/DVD drives are working, networking is working, everything is working except that I can't access my SD card on my phone. Any other computer I can access it without a problem (Windows I have to install the Android drivers, but once they're installed, I can do it). But, for some odd reason I can't do it. I have done it on my laptop, but my laptop was using an older version of Arch and I had to have HAL installed. I looked it up thinking that is what I needed, but HAL has been depreciated and is no longer required.

I am using the latest version of Arch Linux x86. If you need any more information, just let me know.

Last edited by straycatstrat (2011-10-31 18:56:48)

#2 2011-10-31 16:32:34

ewaller
Administrator

Re: Accessing SD card [SOLVED] 'kinda

You need to tell us more.   Example: dmesg output that captures events when you attach the phone, how are you trying to mount it, etc...

I have a lot more to add, but I'm not feeling very motivated right now.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#3 2011-10-31 16:35:47

Parmazae

I had a similar issue mounting my USB sticks.  I solved it by installing gvfs smile.

Last edited by Parmazae (2011-10-31 16:36:24)

Thanks,
Parmazae

archlinux x86_64

#4 2011-10-31 18:41:56

straycatstrat

Not sure if what Parmazae said is what worked, or if it is just that I need to restart the computer every time I want to hook it up...but thanks for the help smile

Last edited by straycatstrat (2011-10-31 18:56:16)

Board footer