You are not logged in.

#1 2011-11-01 15:51:32

Geoffroy

Auto-Prepare Hard-drive behavior

Hello,

I'm new to Arch and just tried to install it (actually on a vm).

As I intend to use it on my Macbook, I configured a GPT partition table and tried a lot of configuration before being stuck on the bootloader. I didn't know to go further in that way for the moment, so I reboot and started a new installation, on the same virtual hard disk.

This time I used the "Auto-Prepare" option from the "Prepare hard-disk" part of AIF. Again, I'm stuck on the bootloader. So I open parted, try to print the partitions, and get that error:

Warning: /dev/sda contains GPT signatures, indicating that it has a GPT table. However, it does not have a valid fake msdos partition table, as it should. Perhaps it was corrupted -- possibly by a program that doesn't understand GPT partition tables. Or perhaps you deleted the GPT table, and are now using an msdos partition table.	Is this a GPT partition table?
Yes/No? _

So I think the Auto-Prepare option doesn't re-create the partition table. Is this an intended behavior? Or a new issue?

In that case, where do I report for this one? I've seen there's a bug tracker, but AIF is on github, so I don't know where to post this.

Thanks in advance.

#2 2011-11-01 15:55:43

the.ridikulus.rat

Re: Auto-Prepare Hard-drive behavior

AIF "Auto Prepare" uses grub-legacy as the boot-loader which will not work in GPT disks. Use syslinux or grub2. And yes, it does not alter any existing partition table, this is the intended behaviour AFAIK.

#3 2011-11-01 15:58:11

Geoffroy

Re: Auto-Prepare Hard-drive behavior

Thanks for you quick response smile
I'm trying again with a prior partition table clean-up.

Board footer