You are not logged in.

#1 2011-04-11 01:41:30

City-busz
Trusted User (TU)
From: Budapest, Hungary
Registered: 2010-12-27
Posts: 162
Website

[SOLVED] [GNOME3] How to add applets to the panel

I'm using GNOME 3 in fallback mode, and I can't figure out how can I add or remove applets to gnome-panel. I can't find any GUI tool for do that, and I can't add dconf settings also (with dconf-editor I could set existing values only). Could someone help me?

Last edited by City-busz (2011-04-11 14:10:47)


My packages | My PGP Key: 0x0901C163

Offline

#2 2011-04-11 14:07:28

City-busz
Trusted User (TU)
From: Budapest, Hungary
Registered: 2010-12-27
Posts: 162
Website

Re: [SOLVED] [GNOME3] How to add applets to the panel

OK, now I know that I have to press Alt button when I right clicking on the panel. smile

Last edited by City-busz (2011-04-11 14:08:39)


My packages | My PGP Key: 0x0901C163

Offline

#3 2011-05-10 12:24:43

Niavlys
Member
Registered: 2010-11-25
Posts: 12

Re: [SOLVED] [GNOME3] How to add applets to the panel

How do you explain that this has absolutely no effect for me? :-/ (in normal mode as in fallback mode)

Offline

#4 2011-05-13 13:10:23

LeCrayonVert
Member
Registered: 2010-09-01
Posts: 133

Re: [SOLVED] [GNOME3] How to add applets to the panel

Niavlys wrote:

How do you explain that this has absolutely no effect for me? :-/ (in normal mode as in fallback mode)

Same thing here on my laptop... I dunno why, cause alt+right click works fine on another computer...


I believe in a world I can and do understand. A rational universe, explained through rational means.

Offline

#5 2011-05-13 13:54:21

Niavlys
Member
Registered: 2010-11-25
Posts: 12

Re: [SOLVED] [GNOME3] How to add applets to the panel

LeCrayonVert wrote:

Same thing here on my laptop... I dunno why, cause alt+right click works fine on another computer...

Maybe you changed the key /apps/metacity/general/mouse_button_modifier in gconf-editor. I had changed it to <Super>, resetting it to the default (<Alt>) made Alt+Right-Click work. (at least, for some time after the session starts, but it may be an other problem).

P.S.: See this thread : https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=117978

Last edited by Niavlys (2011-05-13 13:55:25)

Offline

#6 2011-05-13 14:18:24

LeCrayonVert
Member
Registered: 2010-09-01
Posts: 133

Re: [SOLVED] [GNOME3] How to add applets to the panel

I've already tried to change to <Super> then back  to <Alt> without any effects...
I'm not running openbox or compiz either (I've heard that compiz could work with gnome fallback).


I believe in a world I can and do understand. A rational universe, explained through rational means.

Offline

#7 2011-05-14 11:34:08

Niavlys
Member
Registered: 2010-11-25
Posts: 12

Re: [SOLVED] [GNOME3] How to add applets to the panel

LeCrayonVert wrote:

I've already tried to change to <Super> then back  to <Alt> without any effects...
I'm not running openbox or compiz either (I've heard that compiz could work with gnome fallback).

Hmm, I think I'm in the same situation now that I've changed the key to the default and that it doesn't work anymore (with metacity). I haven't found any solution yet.

Offline

#8 2011-05-14 13:20:19

LeCrayonVert
Member
Registered: 2010-09-01
Posts: 133

Re: [SOLVED] [GNOME3] How to add applets to the panel

Niavlys >> might be related > https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=649971
I can't test it (without numlock and/or capslock) right now.


I believe in a world I can and do understand. A rational universe, explained through rational means.

Offline

#9 2011-05-14 18:04:23

dodo3773
Member
Registered: 2011-03-17
Posts: 798

Re: [SOLVED] [GNOME3] How to add applets to the panel

After hitting number lock it worked for me thanks guys.

Offline

#10 2011-05-14 19:19:23

Niavlys
Member
Registered: 2010-11-25
Posts: 12

Re: [SOLVED] [GNOME3] How to add applets to the panel

Wow, that's weird, but it works, many thanks smile

Offline

#11 2011-11-02 09:51:19

alex77456
Member
Registered: 2011-11-02
Posts: 2

Re: [SOLVED] [GNOME3] How to add applets to the panel

Same problem, except my laptop keyboard doesn't have numlock and i don't have usb keyboard (Onboard numlock doesnt seem to help)

Offline

#12 2011-11-02 16:57:55

dodo3773
Member
Registered: 2011-03-17
Posts: 798

Re: [SOLVED] [GNOME3] How to add applets to the panel

alex77456 wrote:

Same problem, except my laptop keyboard doesn't have numlock and i don't have usb keyboard (Onboard numlock doesnt seem to help)

There is a program called "numlockx". Maybe that will work.

Offline

#13 2011-11-05 12:59:39

alex77456
Member
Registered: 2011-11-02
Posts: 2

Re: [SOLVED] [GNOME3] How to add applets to the panel

dodo3773 wrote:
alex77456 wrote:

Same problem, except my laptop keyboard doesn't have numlock and i don't have usb keyboard (Onboard numlock doesnt seem to help)

There is a program called "numlockx". Maybe that will work.

At first it didn't work, but after relogging it helped. Thanks!

Offline

#14 2012-01-11 21:30:30

jamvaru
Member
Registered: 2012-01-11
Posts: 1

Re: [SOLVED] [GNOME3] How to add applets to the panel

City-busz wrote:

OK, now I know that I have to press Alt button when I right clicking on the panel. smile

wow...

...wow

duh

stupid gnome3

man...

...wow

;>'

____

edit: to autohide the gnome 3 panel use Alt+Rclick, select properties, check autohide

Last edited by jamvaru (2012-01-11 21:32:21)

Offline

#15 2012-01-11 21:52:12

LeCrayonVert
Member
Registered: 2010-09-01
Posts: 133

Re: [SOLVED] [GNOME3] How to add applets to the panel

jamvaru wrote:
City-busz wrote:

OK, now I know that I have to press Alt button when I right clicking on the panel. smile

wow...

...wow

duh

stupid gnome3

man...

...wow

;>'

____

edit: to autohide the gnome 3 panel use Alt+Rclick, select properties, check autohide

It's even worse than that.... in fallback mode, you have to disable the num lock to make this trick works...;)


I believe in a world I can and do understand. A rational universe, explained through rational means.

Offline

#16 2012-01-11 22:43:19

Niavlys
Member
Registered: 2010-11-25
Posts: 12

Re: [SOLVED] [GNOME3] How to add applets to the panel

LeCrayonVert wrote:

It's even worse than that.... in fallback mode, you have to disable the num lock to make this trick works...;)

No, this problem has been solved since then. For me at least! Now num lock doesn't bother when using Alt-RightClick.
Something I discovered a few days ago is that Super-Alt-RightClick works with another WM as well (Alt-RightClick don't work when using Openbox or Compiz). This is a big relief for me, as I had to create a script to switch between metacity and openbox; this script is now useless smile

Offline

#17 2012-03-21 05:55:48

viktorz
Member
Registered: 2012-03-21
Posts: 1

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB