You are not logged in.

#1 2011-11-01 02:33:58

hooya

Sound Juicer - no mp3 selection, have all required packages

I can export to MP3 in Audacity just fine. I also swear I saw mp3 in the dropdown menu last week, but haven't actually ripped any CDs on this Arch install. I have the ugly plugins, I have lame, I have codecs, but the mpeg encoding options don't show up in Sound Juicer.

What might I be missing?

#2 2011-11-01 09:18:14

.:B:.
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: Sound Juicer - no mp3 selection, have all required packages

What does sound-juicer print when you run it from a terminal?

Got Leenucks? :: Arch: Power in simplicity :: Get Counted! Registered Linux User #392717 :: Blog thingy

#3 2011-11-01 23:16:21

hooya

This is at startup (disk didn't read properly on startup...)

** (sound-juicer:5026): WARNING **: Widget (GtkEntry) has more than one label
MusicBrainz: Connecting to http://musicbrainz.org:80
MusicBrainz: GET /ws/1/release/?type=xml&discid=VxyTR0mDChmLF..pTwcGePRZi0s-

(sound-juicer:5026): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid cast from `GdkX11Window' to `GtkWidget'

(sound-juicer:5026): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_get_display: assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

(sound-juicer:5026): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_cursor_new_for_display: assertion `GDK_IS_DISPLAY (display)' failed

(sound-juicer:5026): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_cursor_unref: assertion `cursor != NULL' failed

(sound-juicer:5026): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid cast from `GdkX11Window' to `GtkWidget'

(sound-juicer:5026): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_get_display: assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

(sound-juicer:5026): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_display_sync: assertion `GDK_IS_DISPLAY (display)' failed
MusicBrainz: Connecting to http://musicbrainz.org:80
MusicBrainz: GET /ws/1/release/?type=xml&discid=VxyTR0mDChmLF..pTwcGePRZi0s-
MusicBrainz: Result: 0 (200 )
MusicBrainz: Status: 200
MusicBrainz: Response:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><metadata xmlns="http://musicbrainz.org/ns/mmd-1.0#" xmlns:ext="http://musicbrainz.org/ns/ext-1.0#"><release-list /></metadata>
MusicBrainz: Result: 0 (200 )
MusicBrainz: Status: 200
MusicBrainz: Response:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><metadata xmlns="http://musicbrainz.org/ns/mmd-1.0#" xmlns:ext="http://musicbrainz.org/ns/ext-1.0#"><release-list /></metadata>

(sound-juicer:5026): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_cursor_new_for_display: assertion `GDK_IS_DISPLAY (display)' failed

(sound-juicer:5026): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_cursor_unref: assertion `cursor != NULL' failed

(sound-juicer:5026): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_display_sync: assertion `GDK_IS_DISPLAY (display)' failed

Lots of this kind of error:

(sound-juicer:5026): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_get_accessible: assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

** (sound-juicer:5026): CRITICAL **: atk_object_add_relationship: assertion `ATK_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

Then when selecting profiles:
nothing new in the terminal

This is the line for the gstreamer pipeline I'm using:

audio/x-raw-int,rate=44100,channels=2 ! lamemp3enc name=enc target=0 quality=alt-preset standard ! xingmux ! id3v2mux

Is there something missing there? It shouldn't matter right? the dropdown menu should still show something right?

For what it's worth the default Mpeg2 profile also doesn't show.

M4A, OGG, FLAC, all show properly.

#4 2011-11-02 10:33:44

Forum Fellow
Website

The GTK error is annoying but not the cause of your problem. Can you encode with gstreamer directly? If I recall correctly you can call gstreamer directly from a terminal.

Got Leenucks? :: Arch: Power in simplicity :: Get Counted! Registered Linux User #392717 :: Blog thingy

#5 2011-11-02 16:49:00

hooya

I'll have to dig to find the argument to rip a track to try it out. Unless you have one handy. I'm at work right now but will try later tonight when I'm on my machine at home.

My guess is that it will work, as I said I can export a wav file to mp3 using Audacity. Unless Audacity has the ability native to mp3 exporting.

#6 2011-11-02 16:59:36

Forum Fellow
Website

I don't have the syntax handy, sorry.

As for audacity, it depends on LAME directly. Doesn't work through gstreamer.

#7 2011-11-03 03:38:06

hooya

Well, I know this says nothing either, but abcde seems to work fine. I think that uses lame directly instead of gstreamer as well though.

For now this works just fine. I just have to tweak my .conf file so that the files get put where they should, and some tags need to be edited later, but that's not hard using the right tool.

So this is still unsolved, since I can't figure out a good gstreamer syntax to test if that's the problem. Maybe the issue will solve itself when I install something else that's a missing dependency.... If anyone has any ideas what could be missing I'm still open to suggestions.

Board footer