You are not logged in.

#1 2011-11-12 18:30:27

themattbeballin

[SOLVED] AwesomeWM Battery Meter

Hello all,

I've been rewriting my rc.lua on my netbook for Awesome, and my head is probably just drawing a blank, but I'm having a problem getting the battery meter to show something other than 0% Battery.

This is the code for my vicious widget:

http://pastebin.com/Bt60surG

and I do have the widget showing, it's just always red and says 0%.

I have the acpi package installed, and it works through terminal, and starts on boot, wasn't sure if it was necessary though.

like I said, probably overlooking something, but I have been hacking at it for a couple hours, searching around and what not, and I was like "yeah... forum time" Lol

So yeah.. Any ideas?

Last edited by themattbeballin (2011-11-12 22:49:44)

#2 2011-11-12 19:04:47

anrxc
Website

Re: [SOLVED] AwesomeWM Battery Meter

Default battery widget reads /sys/class/power_supply/<your battery ID>. Check that you have provided the correct ID.
If you did get it right check that the data in that directory is complete. Does "present" file contain 1? Does "charge_now"
contain a charge other than 0? If not you could get support for your battery from /proc with batproc widget or worst case
from batacpi widget that uses acpitool. But likely that is not the case, most likely you got the ID wrong.

Last edited by anrxc (2011-11-12 19:05:15)

You need to install an RTFM interface.

#3 2011-11-12 22:42:09

themattbeballin

Re: [SOLVED] AwesomeWM Battery Meter

anrxc wrote:

Default battery widget reads /sys/class/power_supply/<your battery ID>. Check that you have provided the correct ID.
If you did get it right check that the data in that directory is complete. Does "present" file contain 1? Does "charge_now"
contain a charge other than 0? If not you could get support for your battery from /proc with batproc widget or worst case
from batacpi widget that uses acpitool. But likely that is not the case, most likely you got the ID wrong.

Wow. That fixed it... When I was looking at it... ACPI was reading BAT0 but /proc was saying BAT1.

Worked. Thanks!

Board footer