You are not logged in.

#1 2011-11-13 15:45:33

pixy

[SOLVED]youtube and flash issue

So, I've got a flash issue that only happens on youtube. It looks like this:

Z65fv.png

It happens every time I open a browser (on both firefox and chrome) and goes away after refreshing the page, but its kinda annoying to refresh the page every time I wanna watch a video. Also when switching to fullscreen the video stays in software video rendering when it should switch to accelerated rendering so I get around 10 fps making the video unwatchable (this doesnt happen with windows on the same hardware).
Other flash websites like vimeo work fine and I can watch vimeo HD videos in fullscreen without any issue.

This started happening when youtube introduced the new black look of their player (it was all fine and dandy before), and its bothering me ever since so I'm now using flashvideoreplacer extension for firefox but I still want flash to work properly so I can use chrome again.
I'm using 64-bit arch, flashplugin from extra (getting the same effect with any other flashplugin from AUR) and EnableLinuxHWVideoDecode is set to 1 in /etc/adobe/mms.conf

Oh and I've tried this on Ubuntu live cd and controls work fine but accelerated video still doesnt work.

Any help would be appreciated.

SOLVED:Graphic problem is resolved after installing new version of flashplugin, but still no HW acceleration.

Last edited by pixy (2012-04-03 21:39:11)

Board footer