You are not logged in.

#1 2011-11-18 18:16:24

dodo3773

[SOLVED] Does updating initscripts overwrite rc.multi rc.local etc..?

After an update I noticed that my changes to rc.multi were gone. Initscripts seemed like it was the most likely reason so I did a pacman -Qi which did not tell me much. After that I looked up the package here and found that it provided a lot of rc.* files.

My second question is: Is there any way to "View the file list for initscripts" straight from pacman (similar to Qi)?

Edit: Scratch that second question. pacman -Ql does the trick.

Last edited by dodo3773 (2011-11-18 18:24:12)

#2 2011-11-18 18:19:59

falconindy
Developer
Website

Re: [SOLVED] Does updating initscripts overwrite rc.multi rc.local etc..?

rc.multi is not in the backup array (in the PKGBUILD). You should not expect your own changes to be preserved unless you add /etc/rc.multi to the NoUpgrade directive of pacman.conf.

Use `pacman -Qii initscripts' to see the status of files that are in the backup array (what they are and if they've been modified).

#3 2011-11-18 18:23:46

dodo3773

Re: [SOLVED] Does updating initscripts overwrite rc.multi rc.local etc..?

falconindy wrote:

rc.multi is not in the backup array (in the PKGBUILD). You should not expect your own changes to be preserved unless you add /etc/rc.multi to the NoUpgrade directive of pacman.conf.

Use `pacman -Qii initscripts' to see the status of files that are in the backup array (what they are and if they've been modified).

Awesome thanks. I will just go back in and edit rc.multi accordingly (I would rather stay updated). Also, thanks for the -Qii. Marking thread as solved.

Board footer