You are not logged in.

#1 2003-11-29 01:54:51

Nautivus

wvdial problem with libcrypto

I installed ppp, wvdial and my modem driver. The problem is that when I type wvdialconf wvdial.conf as root I get an error message. It says the following:

wvdial: error in loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

What can I do to fix this problem? What I need to get this libcrypto file installed?

I will appreciate your help because it seems this file is the reason why I can connect but my konqueror web browser give an error that it cannot find any page I search for.

#2 2003-11-29 02:06:57

hApy
Website

Re: wvdial problem with libcrypto

hmmm well it sounds like wvdial is missing the openssl dependency? (not really sure since I haven't used it, but libcrypto is in openssl)

so try

pacman -S openssl

and then try again.

if that doesn't work you may have to create a symlink (in addition to installing openssl or if you already have openssl installed)

ln -s /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.6 /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.2

if this fixes your problem, report the missing dependency/link via the bugtracker (there's a link off the main Arch page) so it can be fixed.

Hapy.

#3 2003-11-29 06:09:17

Nautivus

Thanks a lot that fixed my problem. I was missing the openssl installation. Now I got my connection established but my web browser didn't show any web page it saids that is unable to locate them. I'm search google and try to find out what the problem is but I don´t have the minimal idea.

#4 2003-11-29 08:27:34

sarah31
Website

do you have you nameservers listed in /etc/resolv.conf?

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

#5 2003-11-29 22:41:18

Nautivus

Yes, I have configured it, now I'm using kppp and I have it working my only problem with it was that I forgot to let my options file from ppp in blank so kppp could write it's configuration to that file.

Board footer