You are not logged in.

#1 2011-11-26 02:01:56

xclyde

[SOLVED] Fn keys problem

Hello,

I'm using the Samsung NC110 netbook and I want to use my Fn keys. So I have download and install the samsung-tools package but it doesn't works, do you know why?

Thanks in advance,

ClydeX

Last edited by xclyde (2011-11-26 19:01:09)

#2 2011-11-26 02:38:52

karol
Archivist

Re: [SOLVED] Fn keys problem

You can post your problem on the AUR page of the package too. If somebody uses it, they may be able to help you.
Have you tried https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=48749 ?

#3 2011-11-26 03:36:13

xclyde

It's seems that a need to install the easy-slow-down-manager (http://code.google.com/p/easy-slow-down-manager/) before, but I can't, when I do a 'make' I get this error:
make -C /lib/modules/3.1.2-1-ARCH M=/home/xclyde/Downloads modules
make[1] : Entering directory « /lib/modules/3.1.2-1-ARCH »
make[1]: *** No rule to make the target « modules ». Stop.
make[1] : Leaving directory « /lib/modules/3.1.2-1-ARCH »
make: *** [all] Error 2

Makefile:
obj-m := easy_slow_down_manager.o samsung-backlight.o
KVERSION = $(shell uname -r)

all:
        $(MAKE) -C /lib/modules/$(KVERSION) M=$(PWD) modules

clean:
        $(MAKE) -C /lib/modules/$(KVERSION) M=$(PWD) clean

Last edited by xclyde (2011-11-26 03:36:49)

#4 2011-11-26 04:14:48

karol
Archivist

Have you tried any of these https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php? … _Search=Go ?

Not sure how did you install samsung-tools w/o easy-slow-down-manager in the first place. Are you using the AUR?

Last edited by karol (2011-11-26 04:16:50)

#5 2011-11-26 16:59:20

xclyde

Ok, it was my bad, I have read the AUR doc and I have correctly installed the 'easy-slow-down-manager-svn' package.
So all the dependencies for the 'samsung-tools' package are installed, but now when I want to install the package generated by 'makepkg' with pacman it says that some files are already present in the file system. I have already try to do 'pacman -Suf' and 'pacman -Sc', nothing has changed.

[root@myhost samsung-tools]# pacman -U samsung-tools-1.5-1-any.pkg.tar.xz
resolving dependencies...
looking for inter-conflicts...

Targets (1): samsung-tools-1.5-1

Total Download Size:    0.00 MB
Total Installed Size:   0.86 MB

Proceed with installation? [Y/n] Y
(1/1) checking package integrity                                                          [####################################################] 100%
(1/1) checking for file conflicts                                                         [####################################################] 100%
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
samsung-tools: /etc/dbus-1/system.d/org.voria.SamsungTools.System.conf exists in filesystem
samsung-tools: /etc/pm/power.d/samsung-tools_devices-power-management exists in filesystem
samsung-tools: /etc/pm/power.d/samsung-tools_usb-autosuspend exists in filesystem
samsung-tools: /etc/pm/power.d/samsung-tools_vm-writeback-time exists in filesystem
samsung-tools: /etc/pm/sleep.d/20_samsung-tools exists in filesystem
samsung-tools: /etc/xdg/autostart/samsung-tools-session-service.desktop exists in filesystem
samsung-tools: /usr/bin/samsung-tools exists in filesystem
samsung-tools: /usr/bin/samsung-tools-preferences exists in filesystem
samsung-tools: /usr/lib/samsung-tools/backends/__init__.py exists in filesystem
samsung-tools: /usr/lib/samsung-tools/backends/globals.py exists in filesystem
samsung-tools: /usr/lib/samsung-tools/backends/log.py exists in filesystem
samsung-tools: /usr/lib/samsung-tools/backends/session/__init__.py exists in filesystem
samsung-tools: /usr/lib/samsung-tools/backends/session/backlight.py exists in filesystem
samsung-tools: /usr/lib/samsung-tools/backends/session/bluetooth.py exists in filesystem
samsung-tools: /usr/lib/samsung-tools/backends/session/cpu.py exists in filesystem
samsung-tools: /usr/lib/samsung-tools/backends/session/options.py exists in filesystem
samsung-tools: /usr/lib/samsung-tools/backends/session/util/__init__.py exists in filesystem
samsung-tools: /usr/lib/samsung-tools/backends/session/util/config.py exists in filesystem
samsung-tools: /usr/lib/samsung-tools/backends/session/util/hotkeys.py exists in filesystem
samsung-tools: /usr/lib/samsung-tools/backends/session/util/icons.py exists in filesystem
samsung-tools: /usr/lib/samsung-tools/backends/session/util/locales.py exists in filesystem
samsung-tools: /usr/lib/samsung-tools/backends/session/util/notifications.py exists in filesystem
samsung-tools: /usr/lib/samsung-tools/backends/session/webcam.py exists in filesystem

#6 2011-11-26 18:10:12

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#7 2011-11-26 19:00:16

xclyde

There were a lot of files so I have use the -f option to force the remplacement and It works fine! Thank's you guys!

Board footer