You are not logged in.

#1 2011-11-30 22:01:46

joetotale

PulseAudo PortAudio wiki article - alsa_pulse.patch link needed?

I'm working through broken links on the Arch wiki and there is one in the PortAudio section of the PulseAudio page.

The dead link points to the portaudio-19-alsa_pulse.patch that used to be hosted on Mandriva's svn.  I've not found another official release of the patch, but an Arch user has posted this:
https://bitbucket.org/byronclark/archli … ulse.patch

I don't know enough about the subject to fix the link, and wonder:
1) If the patch is no longer required by the latest version of PortAudio in the AUR, can anyone tell me which one the wiki should point to?
2) If the patch is needed, should I link to byronclark's version?
3) Other?

I'm happy to update the wiki article, or for someone from the project to do this.

Cheers,  Joe.

#2 2011-12-01 13:41:28

bernarcher
Forum Fellow

Re: PulseAudo PortAudio wiki article - alsa_pulse.patch link needed?

joetotale, please do not move threads this way.

Just use the "Report" button to have one of the moderators move a whole thread for you if you feel it necessary. It is a simple maintenance task for us and keeps possible links to the original thread intact.

Thank you,
bernarcher

To know or not to know ...
... the questions remain forever.

#3 2011-12-03 10:38:04

joetotale

Sorry about that, bernarcher, and thanks for the info.  I'll do this in future.
Joe

#4 2011-12-05 01:48:30

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

I believe portaudio doesn't need a patch anymore to use pulse (based on the fact that audacity plays nicely with pulseaudio nowadays. The pulseaudio wiki (their own trac, not our Arch wiki page on Pulseaudio) would have more up-to-date information.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer