You are not logged in.

#1 2011-12-03 20:20:48

Y3k

[ISSUE SOLVED, QUESTION REMAIN]Creating shortcut to Matlab

Hello everyone, i will go straight to the point. I have succesfully installed matlab. If i run the console command

optirun /usr/local/MATLAB/R2011a/bin/matlab

everything works smoothly. Note that i put "optirun" at the begin to take advantage of my nvidia card through bumblebee which handles nvidia optimus systems. Anyway, if I try to put that code into a shortcut in the ways proposed by the dolphin filemanager, something strange happens. When I click the shortcut i get the splashscreen of matlab, but the program doesn't really open. After a few secs it completely quits. Any idea why this is happening? I would like to launch matlab from the start menu of kde. Thank you in advance, I'm really enjoying my first steps into archlinux!

Last edited by Y3k (2011-12-04 03:14:00)

#2 2011-12-04 03:13:07

Y3k

Re: [ISSUE SOLVED, QUESTION REMAIN]Creating shortcut to Matlab

Partly (or maybe totally) solved. I found out that right clicking on the start button of the kde menu let you to edit applications. Althrough I need to specify to execute the command

optirun /usr/local/MATLAB/R2011a/bin/matlab

from terminal, otherwise the same problem happens. Is this supposed to be normal? Anyway that shouldn't be much of an issue, it's just a little tedious to have an extra window (the terminal ofc) opened while matlab is running.

#3 2011-12-07 16:50:51

petantik

Re: [ISSUE SOLVED, QUESTION REMAIN]Creating shortcut to Matlab

I remember encountering a similar problem with Matlab not launching correctly from the KDE menu I solved it using the -desktop flag, maybe you should try

optirun /usr/local/MATLAB/R2011a/bin/matlab -desktop

Source: http://www.mathworks.co.uk/help/techdoc … bunix.html

Board footer