You are not logged in.

#1 2011-12-04 15:28:47

OU812

icon theme problem

Hello. I have installed icewm, rox, gnome-icon-theme, and tango-icon-theme. I use rox filer to manage the icon the themes and desktop. The problem is that some icon themes display correctly (eg gtsand) and others don't (eg tamiga). In the case of tamiga, the tango icon theme is being used instead of the tamiga theme. Here's what I've tried:

1. installed tamiga  icon theme to /usr/share/icons and ~/.icons (not at the same time)
2. checked to see that rox is using theme (~/.config/rox.soruceforge.net/ROX-Filer/options)
3. tried adding icon path to ~/.gtkrc-2.0 (I don't think rox uses this)
4. tried editing the "inherits" line in the index.theme file (Inherits=Tango,gnome,hicolor). when I switched the positions of tango and gnome, the gnome icon theme was used. added Gnome and GNOME.
5. browsed the forums

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

john

#2 2011-12-04 22:12:24

echo.unity

Re: icon theme problem

Open up rox > right click > options > Types

Should see  themes there, try that.

Rox should see the index.theme after you select which icons to use.

#3 2011-12-08 03:24:08

OU812

Re: icon theme problem

I know how to change themes using the method you described; however, the icon theme that is displayed is tango. I clearly chose tamiga, and the rox file in ~/.config points to the tamiga icon theme. So my question is why isn't the tamiga theme being used? Does it have something to with the inherits line in the icon cofig file? Is there some other problem? Some icon themes display correctly, but not others.

Thanks for trying!

john

Board footer