You are not logged in.

#1 2011-12-09 02:15:12

Darillian

[SOLVED]Wireless configuration for Atheros AR5007G

//edit
It seems like the default config is enough for the Atheros AR5007G, simply follow the instructions in "Wireless Setup"
Hmm, I just did everything from scratch and it worked, I guess I screwed something up in the wpa_supplicant options...

Hey there!

I've installed a new Arch on my desktop PC and now I'm having trouble configuring my WPA2-protected wireless network with the mentioned Atheros AR5007G card.
The thing is, I do not have a internet connection at that PC, so basically everything has to work out of the box big_smile
I hope the problem is just with me and the ip command, since I'm pretty used to the whole ifconfig, iwlist, etc. stuff and don't know that much about ip.

I did as described in the Wireless Setup in the wiki, so I end up with this:

ip addr show wlan0 wrote:

2: wlan0: <NO-CARRIER,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP> mtu 1500 qdisc mq state DOWN qlen 1000
link/ether 00:27:19:dc:91:63 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
inet 192.168.0.2/24 scope global wlan0

I did everything listed in the Manual Setup in "Wireless Setup", except the iwconfig/iwlist stuff, since I don't have these commands available. Wpa_supplicant with the wext driver did not generate any message at all, the config file is correct, still I'm not able to ping anything, neither URL nor IP address...

Thanks so far!

Last edited by Darillian (2011-12-09 02:59:24)

Board footer