You are not logged in.

#1 2005-07-21 18:56:13

elasticdog
Website

Procedure after Contacting Maintainer Yields No Response?

What would be the recommended procedure if you've made a suggestion on how to fix/improve a PKGBUILD by leaving a comment directly on the AUR page, and never received a response (and the PKGBUILD hasn't been updated)?

Many packages have been incorrectly submitted to the AUR, and helping to spot simple mistakes (for instance, not including a "foo/" directory in the tarball) doesn't do much good if the maintainers don't keep an eye on things.  Any suggestions?

#2 2005-07-21 19:20:30

Dusty
Schwag Merchant
Website

Re: Procedure after Contacting Maintainer Yields No Response?

I think you would e-mail tur-users and have the tus investigate.

Dusty

#3 2005-07-21 19:35:45

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

yeah send a mail to the tur-users list. you might try contacting the user directly too. the aur doesnt notify you of a new post unless you subscribe, and an owner is not autosubscribed...it is quite possible they dont know of your post.

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

#4 2005-07-21 23:18:20

elasticdog
Website

About a week after leaving the comment, I did send an email to the user directly, but also never got a response...I'll try sending an email to the tur-users.  Thanks!

Board footer