You are not logged in.

#1 2011-12-11 22:18:28

Entd

Pulseaudio and libVLC

I have a problem with libVLC.
When I start playback of any media, sound experiences extreme tearing. It looks like it was split in two pieces one apart other in few tens microseconds.
Nothing does solve the problem, except pausing playback and launching again, and that only sometimes work (like 1 in 10 cases). Strange thing: after pause some of the sound in frequency range is trailing for a few seconds.
Gstreamer programs are working flawlessly. Only program I need that using libVLC is VLC, because nothing comes close (well except mplayer, but I didn't found powerfull enough frontend).
After some search I found nothing alike. I want either fill bug report or find error in config, but I didn't know where to start search files and what output do I need. Problem persists for prety long time, and after clean reinstall of arch to accomodate my new vision of my enviroment this bug still exists. However there might be error in configuration, my home folder beetween instalations was left nearly intact, only with configs of already deleted programs removed. Maybe there is a problem?
BTW I'm using Pulseaudio.

Board footer