You are not logged in.

#1 2011-10-15 00:13:10

fephisto

Octave Segfault

Hello, I recently upgraded my system.

Upon running octave I receive:

zsh:  segmentation fault  octave

I've dealt with missing file errors before...but nothing like this.  If I downgrade, then I get a hdf5.so.6 file missing error, but if I upgrade/downgrade hdf5/octave (or just try adding in the missing file to a downgraded version of octave), I still get segfaults all around.

#2 2011-12-12 14:14:12

fephisto

Re: Octave Segfault

I'm on month 2 of this error.  Have tried reinstall along the way.  Still receive the same error.

#3 2011-12-12 16:02:37

ewaller
Administrator

Tried it this morning -- no issues.  Launched it from zsh and it went straight to an Octave prompt.

What do you mean by "reinstall" ?  The OS, or Octave.
Have you tried as a different user ?  (You might try deleting or moving /.octave_hist)
32 bit or 64 bit system?

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#4 2011-12-13 20:16:08

fephisto

By reinstall I mean octave, both before and after re-sync-ing packages over the past couple months.

I just tried different users now, and receive the same error.

It is a 32-bit system.

I should mention that I have an offline system.  So, to upgrade, I have to USB shuttle all the relevant packages.

Thank you.

#5 2011-12-13 21:59:25

ewaller
Administrator

fephisto wrote:

... re-sync-ing packages over the past couple months....
...I should mention that I have an offline system.  So, to upgrade, I have to USB shuttle all the relevant packages...

Oh.

When you do this, do you do it selectively on a package by package basis? Or do you update all packages that need updates?

If you say pacman -Su does it list a bunch of packages?  If so, you really need to update them all.  Selective updates are the best way to break your Arch installation.

The best thing to do would be to figure out how to het it on-line and do a pacman -Syu

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

Board footer